Programs for Women
Our Violence Against Women Program offers services and support to women, living in the Thorncliffe Park and Flemingdon areas, who are experiencing abuse and violence at home. Our services are rooted in Anti-oppressive principles, which ensure that all of the women and families we work with are treated with the respect and the dignity they deserve. Our programs are LGBTQI2S inclusive and value the diversity of our clients. Welcoming women, identifying folks from all different faiths, nationalities, cultures and abilities.
We recognize that violence and abuse can take many forms and can have a lasting impact. While abuse often happens in romantic relationships, it can also take place between parents and children, friends, roommates, extended family members, in-laws and caregivers (and in many other relationships). Our program is designed to support those who identify as women when abuse is taking place in their home or at various workplace. It is our belief that no one deserves to live with violence and abuse, and that every person has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
Who is Eligible?
Women, women identified living in Flemingdon and Thorncliffe Park area.
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Phone: 416-424-2900 /
TNO's VAW Program
Violence Against Women
Our team VAW teams supports women and women identified residents of Thorncliffe and Flemingdon Park experiencing abuse from a partner or family member with crisis response & emergency response services, safety planning, intake assessment and more.
Support Women and Women Identified Experiencing Abuse. Residence of Thorncliffe and Flemingdon Park.
- For those who have experienced or are currently experiencing an abusive relationship from partner or family members
- Provide crisis response, emergency response and safety planning, intake assessment, short and long term assessment, and solution-focused therapy for women, dependents
- On- Hold: Group program – providing a safe place to connect with each other, share information, raise awareness, regain strength, alleviate isolation, and heal
- VAW Transitional Support for those clients that meet the criteria of the VAW program
- Case management and support on short and long term planning for housing, financial support, legal supports, employment, and referrals